It’s easy to expect that the new piece of key art released by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today for LEGO The Hobbit will be the cover art and we don’t have a single issue with that. With the first two of three movies out, the company is set to release the game this Spring for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, the Wii U™, Nintendo 3DS™, as well as Windows PC. Folks familiar with LEGO videogames know exactly what to expect and the bullet points for this one include:
- Explore Middle-earth and visit key locations from the films, including Bag End, and trek through the treacherous High Pass over The Misty Mountains
- Partake in Treasure Quests, mine for gems, discover loot from enemies, and craft powerful magical items or build immense new LEGO structures.
- Play as your favorite characters from The Hobbit films, including Bilbo, Gandalf, and the Dwarves: Thorin, Fili, Kili, Oin, Gloin, Dwalin, Balin Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Nori and Ori.
- Collect, combine and forge new items in the Blacksmith Shop using Mithril, the most precious metal in Middle-earth.
- Triumph in a game of riddles and learn to wield the power of The One Ring.
Game Concept: In LEGO The Hobbit, kids and families will take on the form of their favorite Hobbit characters and follow the storyline of Peter Jackson’s first two films. Players will embark on quests throughout Middle-earth, joining Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf the Grey, and Thorin Oakenshield. Join Gandalf, Bilbo, Thorin Oakenshield and Company, as they set out on an unforgettable journey filled with both splendor and peril, on their quest to take back the Lonely Mountain from Smaug The Magnificent.